We recognise that a dementia diagnosis affects an entire family, not just the person diagnosed, so Dementia Wellington offers tailored support and advice to anyone caring for a person with dementia, throughout the progression of the dementia.
Our ninety-minute interactive seminar navigating dementia is a great starting point for people newly diagnosed with dementia and their families. In this course we discuss what is and what isn’t dementia, and what services are available for people affected by dementia. Click here to find out when the next Navigating Dementia course is being held.
Dementia Essentials courses
Our Dementia Essentials courses are two-day courses designed for people supporting someone living with dementia. There are 3 different courses, one for each of the stages of dementia. It is best to attend the course that relates to your current situation, then attend the next course when your situation changes.
- Learn about the causes and symptoms of dementia
- Learn how to support maximum health and independence of a person with dementia
- Understand and respond to changes as dementia progresses
- Become well-resourced to manage any safety concerns
- Be better prepared for the future including using respite and/or preparing for long term care
- Understand the changes as dementia progresses into later stage
- Learn how to establish and maintain a shared care approach with other care providers such as a day programme or care facility.
Living Well course
This course is specifically designed for people in the early stages of dementia. Contact us to find out whether the next Living Well course would be right for you.